NE | Commercial Roofing Journeyman
Location: Lincoln, NE
Stonebrook Exterior is seeking full-time, experienced commercial roofing journeyman. This position will require you to work day-to-day on assigned roofing tasks under the supervision of the Foreman and Site-Superintendent. They will follow proper construction practices and company policies. Experienced commercial roofing employees must be able to perform all assigned tasks given by forepersons and superintendent -- Assembles, installs, services and repairs to all types of commercial roofing systems, according to specifications and NRCA codes, used in schools, hospitals, commercial and industrial buildings. All employees must always ensure safety policies are being followed and proper PPE is being used at worksites.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Communicate & coordinate project setup with foreperson.
- Must be able to install new and existing roofing systems, wall systems & other exterior commercial applications.
- Must be able to wear required PPE.
- Have general knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
- Performs work in accordance with job specifications and safety.
- Attends all job site & safety meetings.
- Assist the crew foreperson on a daily basis.
- Ability to understand and read blueprints is a plus.
- Inspects structure to detect obstructions to be avoided or moved.
- On re-roofs, performs roof tear-off and inspects underlying deck structure to determine roof deck integrity.
- Prepares deck for installation of specified roofing system and then performs installation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior OSHA and/or equipment training/certifications is a plus.
- 2+ years commercial construction experience.
- Legally authorized to work in U.S.
- Valid state driver’s license. (in good standing)
- General knowledge of basic math skills and ability to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., lift, climb and stand for extended periods of time.
- General knowledge of basic hand and power tools is required.
- Ability to understand, follow instructions, and ask questions.
- Work on Saturdays and/or Sundays, as needed.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Works with foreman to ensure vendors or subcontractors are handling project items, punch lists and schedule so they do not have a negative impact on the project.
- Always ensuring safety policies are being followed and proper PPE is being used at worksites.
- Strong work ethic