NE | Commercial Construction Project Manager
Location: Lincoln, NE
Stonebrook Exterior is seeking a full-time, experienced Project Manager. This position will work closely with Commercial Estimators and Superintendents and will build diverse experience in the areas of permitting, scheduling, procurement, document control, and other essential functions. This individual will maintain a proper balance between the profitability of the company and the achievement of total customer satisfaction. You will be empowered to grow, take charge and to make an impact, while being provided with excellent benefits and development opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create all-inclusive pre-construction and construction schedules to include the work of the design professionals, owners and Stonebrook Exterior.
- Develop strong relationships to ensure close collaboration and communication with owners, decision makers, influencers, architects, engineers, code and enforcement officials, and other external customers critical to each project.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with subcontractors and vendors; treat them fairly and professionally in all interactions and set an example for others to do the same.
- Monitor project costs to keep project within budget, including General Condition costs, Stonebrook labor budgets, allowances, and contingencies while ensuring the acquisition of desired profitability.
- Monitor and maintain the procurement schedule; proactively identify and resolve problems, track status of the schedule on a weekly basis and make updates and adjustments timely and accurately.
- Execute consistent systems, processes, and personnel necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and the desired profits for the customers and projects.
- Adhere to and promote Stonebrook’s risk management and safety policies and procedures.
- Promptly and thoroughly negotiate, write and execute all but the most complex owner contracts.
- Manage the closeout process.
- Ensure that all work done is in accordance with OSHA, Stonebrook, and client.
- Responsible for customer relationship at the appropriate level, understanding the needs and expectations of a customer and developing plans to meet or exceed client’s needs & expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred, or a minimum of 3 years of commercial project management experience or equivalent experience.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in scope writing, schedule development, start up, commissioning, turnover and documentation/financials.
- Knowledge of current OSHA regulations in commercial construction & maintaining the highest standards of safety (OSHA), security and confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a MUST.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read blue prints, do limited material takeoffs and coordinate projects efficiently.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective decision making, mentoring, and delegation skills.
- Ability to see big picture, exercise good judgment, and understand decision making.
- Capable of conducting productive meetings, being punctual and organized.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.