NE | Commercial Construction Estimator
Location: Lincoln, NE
Stonebrook Exterior is seeking a full-time, experienced Commercial Estimator in Lincoln, Nebraska. This position will be responsible for providing complete takeoffs, estimating and proposals for products & installation on commercial exterior building projects. This will require you to be the lead on your assigned projects through the contract phase. After the sale, our team of project managers, field superintendents, crews and fabrication staff will see the project through to completion. We are a drug-free workplace.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Investigate and prioritize potential bid prospects and invites.
- Make field visits to meet customers and review their property.
- Perform take offs / estimates to compile accurate pricing.
- Make follow up calls and track estimates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred, or a minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial estimating or equivalent experience.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Assemble accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build, Hard Bid and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
- Provide clear, detailed quantity take offs.
- Proficient in reading blue prints & specifications.
- Desire to win and ambitious spirit.
- Knowledge of the overall construction industry and protocol.
- Knowledge in all types of commercial roofing systems and materials.
- Ability to be a team player and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- High order of organization and systematic practices.
- Great aptitude and ability to quickly learn industry products, installations standards, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Capable of producing effective proposals, RFIs, etc.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.